Friday, April 16, 2010

same pathway different journey


the last km is always the longest - have been unable to post blogs for several days - I think we have been walking for 8 days now - today was very long almost 35 km I toddled along towards the end - got a huge blister several days ago so it is hindering my style - I´m still loving the social side of the camino - the pilgrim meal each night - we get to meet new people each day and hear a little of their story but we so enjoy catching up with those first ones from St Jean - we have become like family... we may have to part company with our brazilian friends as they have a tighter schedule than us and I don´t think I could keep up - today I cried because it was just so hard.... mostly my tears have been those of laughter.... we again had fine weather although overcast and cloudy - we did not arrive at our albergue until 5pm so nearly 10 hrs walking today - we are in Santa Domigo de Calzada in the biggest hostel so far - very clean and organised - they have all been different and so have been the pilgrim meals at the restuarantes - Jeremy takes turns cooking with the younger ones who are watching their budget more - last night we got the best welcome ever it had started to rain and once again i was coming up the rear - the owner of the hostel met me with a hug took my coat and carried my bag for me to my bunk - maybe 2 flights of stairs - there was a fire going so friendly - it has been harder than I thought finding things - yesterday we found our first public convenience - still there is always a bar in each village that we all make a stop at -

4 comments:

  1. So cool to find out how you are doing... sorry about the blister... is it healing OK?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow sounds like you will all leave spritually and emotionally cleansed ! Glad to hear Jeremy has made some friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go girl. Good on you, I would be sitting on a rock crying and refusing to budge. You will come home with lots of stories to tell us and we will all be laughing until we cry. Well done. Lynleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You go girl alright... Man it sounds so hard. Hope your blister heals and doesn't slow you down too much. Knowing you it will be a huge one and you are just being brave.. We miss you, but you will be home before you know it. You will have so many stories we will have to have a sleep over... Luv Rae

    ReplyDelete