Wednesday, April 21, 2010

the sun came out and dried up all the rain...




we have had two really sunny clear windless days so have decided to keep on walking these last two days last night we stayed at a place called Hontanas - in a brand new alburgue... funny story because for some reason I had wandered away from Blair as we entered the village.... this little man was beckoning to me - come senora - acting out take off your boots sit down and stay here.... I was a little bit wary as the entrance led into another entrance way... I politely told him my husband was coming and he would decide - anyway it was the most beautiful alburgue - brand new with most amazing showers.... we even had the room all to ourselves which was nice for a change.... the sad thing is now the camino family is all scattered - we presume the brazillians along with Olivia and Michael are ahead -the young ones are all behind - we left them in Burgos..... most of them wanting a rest day .. or a city day maybe - Jeremy was a bit torn I think - stick with the parents or stick with the young ones ..... anyway I´m sure we will meet up with him again soon.... but it reminded me a bit of the story of the hare and the tortoise..... the tortoise is now ahead..... the hares are all behind us. We had a lovely evening with Torsten and Eric from Switzerland who we had met earlier in the day

2 comments:

  1. Dearest Gill & Blair. We have arrived today at Poblacion de Campos, we have managed to stay all together for the time being (Mike, The brazilians & I) but we miss the family very much!!!!!! What can we say!!! We are having some intense walking. the only other known face around here is Johan, (The Swedish Doctor) everyone else in the camino is a new face for us! and far far away from the family!!! Keep us posted!!! We are aiming to reach Calzadilla de la Cueza, but will keep you posted as well!!
    Much much love, the rest of of the family.

    P.S Gilly, I have put my feet in ice and cold water for the last 3 days, and it has really helped me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How much do these places you are staying at cost per night?

    ReplyDelete